As a lead engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs.
- Responsible for leading the design, lifecycle management, and cost of ownership of services for Target’s Big
- Data analytics platform and date warehouse; builds highly scalable big data distributed systems using Hadoop.
- Works with stakeholders and delivers relevant, timely and insightful information to the business. accountable for configuring software that generates required analytical information.
- Uses Elasticsearch, Kafka, Spark, text mining, and other big data tools to build and maintain Target’s big data platform
- Supports ongoing operations of the big data platform like resolving hardware and software related issues; onboards users to the data platform after reviewing and allocating computer resources
- Ensures the building and deployment of scalable data pipelines; and identifies new data management solutions and evaluates new technologies.
- Tools and technologies used: Hadoop, Hive, Hortonworks (HDP), HDFS, Cloudera, Oozier, MapReduce, Elasticsearch, Spark, HBase, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Drone, Docker, Vagrant, Terraform, OpenStack, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, Java, Python, Bash, MySQL, Postgres, and Oracle.
- Engaging in load balancing of Hive workloads, debugging, and using Hadoop, Hive,
- Hortonworks (HDP), HDFS, Cloudera, Chef, Ansible, Java, MapReduce, Oozier, CentOS, Linux, Elasticsearch, Spark, and HBase.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems
- Information Technology and at least two (2) years of experience in creating big data platforms (any title), automating infrastructure, architecting enterprise data pipelines for data from disparate systems,
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering ,Information Technology
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A