Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. And our Distribution Centers are key to that success, whether guests shop our stores or online. It’s our DC team who make sure that products arrive at our stores (and guests’ doorsteps) on time, every time.
- Provide new ideas and recommend solutions to business or team opportunities
- Take initiative to learn how to be a Target leader by seeking out opportunities for growth and development; continuously learn throughout the internship experience
- Commit to learning Target’s expectations of leaders and use them to personally develop by asking questions and seeking feedback
- Actively participate in internship program training activities, developmental opportunities and events.
- Demonstrate willingness to take risks; step out of comfort zone and take on new assignments
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance; lead the team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment
- Understand business reporting and guest insights to understand, troubleshoot and follow-up on opportunity areas. Work with buildings leaders each day to set goals and expectations
- Gain understanding of all business areas to develop business acumen
- Foster an inclusive, diverse, safe and secure culture
- Carry out principle duties and responsibilities by department through internship rotations as trained.
- All other duties based on business needs
- Skills in impact to guest; problem solving and resolution
- Departments within the distribution center that you will learn more about throughout the internship experience include-Inbound/Outbound/Warehousing.
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Problem-solving skills and strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in building and managing a team culture across the building
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals
- Experience setting and planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver goals
- Experience managing a team of hourly team members and creating business strategies and goals
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service Information Technology
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A