Assets Protection teams function is to provide a secure environment for our team members and mitigate shortage to increase profitability in a Target distribution center. Assets Protection teams will do this by leading a physical security culture and responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, and educating team members on operational shortage priorities.
- As a Senior Assets Protection Operations Manager (SAPOM),
- you’ll manage a multi-level team comprised of both exempt AP leaders and non-exempt AP Security Specialists responsible for the execution of Assets Protection routines and initiatives to support secure environments and protect Target’s profitability.
- You will lead a secure work environment for all Target team members, temporary workers, vendors and visitors within a Flow Center building and subsequent off site properties.
- You’ll support building leadership through security incident and crisis management preparations, along with real-time support and resolution.
- You’ll collaborate with key building leaders to identify and co-develop solutions to mitigate shortage.
- You’ll be accountable for ensuring routines are in place, and being executed, to identify, investigate and resolve theft and fraud activity.
- You will build strong relationships with law enforcement and community agencies.
- You’ll leverage a mix of key metrics, Lean Six Sigma, GEMBA walks and other activities to understand what’s working well and where to improve.
- Your teams will be enabled to do their best work in an environment of innovation, calculated risk, testing and learning.
- Getting to know your team and championing their unique strengths will motivate and inspire them to reach higher.
- With your support, both teams and individuals will improve through their clear understanding of goals and expectations, mutual accountability and regular constructive feedback.
- Your skills for planning and execution will take center stage as you set individual and team priorities and proactively structure resources to meet them.
- Open and articulate communication will be key to presenting the big picture, and your commitment to “walk the walk” will show solidarity as you spend time on the floor every day, observing and interacting with your team members.
- Ability to motivate others with strong conflict management and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge base of physical security, investigations, crisis leadership and violence prevention practices
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Able to access all areas of the DC, including mezzanine platforms
Qualification & Experience:
- Four-year degree, preferably in the areas of Loss Prevention, Supply Chain, Operations or business related, or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Supply Chain Assets Protection/Loss Prevention and applicable management/supervisory experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and use of good judgement in stressful situations
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and termination
- Strong critical thinking, reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills. (performance metrics and process improvement)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Supply Chain Management Distribution
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A