As a Lead Process Engineer you will design, develop, and implement processes in support of Target’s long-term Last Mile strategy. You will work with the Last Mile Integration teams and core business teams (inclusive of Field Operations, Engineering & Activation, Mixing Center field teams, Store Operations, Operations Intelligence, Digital Operations, etc.) to develop world class levels of evaluation, visibility, and predictability within process and systems flows to support Target’s Last Mile strategy
- Design, invent, and deploy processes, disciplines, technology, and solutions across multiple business owners such as Field Operations, Engineering & Activation, Mixing Center field teams, Store Operations, Operations Intelligence, Digital Operations, etc.
- Invent/design process and systems flows to build/implement standards that eliminate or reduce defects and deliver superior inventory accuracy/integrity through the value chain.
- Leverage lean systems, tools, and techniques to engineer processes designed to refine, simplify, and drive efficiency in inventory touches driving down opportunity for defects and eliminating waste.
- Deploy process requirements and standards across the Last Mile supply chain.
- Design check points throughout the value chain to evaluate, root cause, and correct inventory integrity/health and quality concerns across any/all processes and physical locations.
- Utilize six sigma tools to drive continuous assessment and improvement within process and systems flows
- Analyze and interpret data to identify process/systems gaps and then address accordingly within process standards.
- Implement projects/initiatives across supply chain to drive innovation in process design/development.
- Strong ability to think critically and creatively from problem scoping to solution development
- Experience in operations management for manufacturing or distribution facilities
- Ability to travel up to 60%
Qualification & Experience:
- Four year degree or equivalent experience in industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, statistics, or supply chain
- Experience in continuous improvement and/or process engineering principles (inclusive of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies) to create solutions for large scale operations with many interdependencies
- Experience in deep problem scoping/assessment through value stream mapping, project management, process development, and process engineering
- Six sigma certification (green belt)
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving through data and analytics and applying solutions across broad-scale operations
- Proven experience achieving results through project management
- Advanced degree in engineering
- Inventory control/quality assurance experience
- Six sigma certification (black belt)
- Experience working in an Agile framework
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management ,Manufacturing
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A