Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before Quality Management, which influences and maintains our good name in the retail marketplace, or overall Distribution Center Productivity, where we’re always analyzing and recalibrating how to best support our people, process and technology investments to support an ever evolving business.
- A role in a Distribution Center means being on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible—a critical differentiator and one of the most essential Logistics functions.
- You’ll reach beyond the bounds of your team to partner across the enterprise and find solutions to support the business.
- Whether it’s through focusing on our regional or upstream distribution centers, import warehouses, or fulfillment and flow centers,
- You’ll have a chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide, further differentiating Target from all the rest.
- There’s so much good work to be done, from Distribution Center Operations, where process and problem-solving drive our results;
- As an Inventory Control & Quality Assurance (ICQA) Leader, you will oversee assigned ICQA responsibilities and supervises a group of ICQA team members in execution of those quality routines, functions, and research. Y
- You will be responsible for root causing quality defects within the operation and analyzing the site’s operating methods and procedures to identify gaps in inventory control and total quality.
- You will lead improvements within bin and location accuracy, order cancels, and other quality indicators identified through process audits. In leading the ICQA department for a distribution site,
- You will determine the appropriate methods and problem solving tools to use and implements new practices/procedures, inclusive of leading kaizen and continuous improvement events.
- You will get the opportunity to implement innovative and creative ways to achieve desired results while collaborating across multiple operational departments to drive quality goals and meet inventory control metrics,
- While fostering an environment in which diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequently changing and competing priorities.
- Ability to navigate web-based ICQA reporting and forms (such as Microsoft Share point/Microsoft Forms/Smartsheet).
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences; strong reasoning, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, operational research, root cause, and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict; ability to provide feedback and develop team
- Ability to read, interpret, and effectively communicate necessary policies and procedures to others
Qualification & Experience:
- Four year degree or equivalent experience
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Six-Sigma/Lean Thinking/Quality Management/Continuous Improvement/Process Engineering experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management Manufacturing
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A