Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas
companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed
to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary purpose of job
The Infrastructure system engineer commissions networks hardware and software technologies, and configures solutions
for optimal availability, resiliency, and scalability to support ICT business applications and services across the corporation.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 7 years experience in experience in diverse and technically complex network infrastructure environment,
preferably related to the Oil and Gas industry.
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with Cisco routing and switching devices.
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with MLPS technology.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write technical blueprints, high and low level design documents, standards,
processes, procedures, manuals, feasibility studies, and tendering proposals.
- General project management skills including setting up objectives, compiling reports, identifying priorities, and selecting
right team members.
- Established success in installing and configuring a large and complex ICT infrastructure, preferably within the Oil & Gas
industry; good experience in specific IT project management particularly in the implementation and integration phases of
complex tools in heterogeneous office and industrial environments.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure core technologies and designs, Excellent experience with infrastructure hardware
installations and configurations, knowledge of IP convergence systems and services, PTT-grade telecommunication
systems, wireless implementation and services, desktop and client end services, emerging infrastructure services, and
general industrial-grade technologies and systems.
- Strong verbal and communications skills
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics
Engineering, or an equivalent Engineering field.
- At least having CCNP Routing & Switch certification.
- Higher level certification such as CCIE is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.