We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
SVP Cyber & Intelligence Communications
SVP of Global Cyber & Intelligence Communications
The global communication team’s mission is to drive business performance and a world-class culture through communication that inspires, engages, educates, and connects Mastercard employees, customers, partners and shareholders. We are customer-centric, data-driven and creative-minded.
The Cyber & Intelligence business (C&I) leads Mastercard’s efforts to develop cutting-edge technology and solutions that help advance trust in the digital ecosystem – spanning physical payments, digital payments, and cybersecurity. C&I provides solutions in the areas of cybersecurity, digital identity, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, and fraud and risk management.
This individual will lead a global team of high-performing communicators to look holistically at where and how the company shows up. The candidate will connect the dots between the day-to-day products and solutions, thought leadership and the greater promise of Mastercard’s ability to do well and do good. Responsibilities will encompass the full spectrum of integrated communications activities including media relations, social media, issues management, executive communications, content creation and campaign management.
The role can be based in either Dubai (preferred) or London and reports into the senior vice president, product engagement and experience, Cyber & Intelligence.
• Oversee coordination and implementation of a strategic and high-impact internal and external communications program for C&I solutions globally
• Partners with global and regional communications teams to tailor programs based on understanding of local business needs and priorities
• Partners with product/B2B marketing organization to drive greater collaboration and connectivity in programs
• Identifies industry and market trends to understand key perceptions, motivations and drivers related to payments, technology and security
• Leverages relationships with key media and industry analysts to support planned product/service launches and corporate announcements
• Enable greater alignment and support of regional product communications activities through incremental set of tools and processes
• Manage and mentor a cross-function team supporting the company’s diverse offerings
• Use measurement tools to assess the impact of communications programs to refine activities
All About You
• Excellent written and oral communications skills; flawless editing to support clear ideas
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively and deliver results with global, multi-cultural and remote project teams
• Demonstrated track record of high-profile media relationships and placements
• Creative thinker possessing high level of comfort with fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Strong ability to prioritize, multitask and manage to deadlines
• Led complex cross-functional projects locally or for several countries
• Issues and crisis management experience preferred, but not required
• Ability to translate complex business, economic and policy issues material into easily understood, actionable programs
• Comfortable presenting complex issues to internal and external audiences
• Solid understanding of balancing and prioritizing needs of multiple stakeholders
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.