At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what’s good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people’s lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
Tetra Pak is looking for a passionate and engaged Sustainability Manager, who will contribute to the implementation of sustainability programmes in Egypt & East Africa. Major focus is on developing collection and recycling programmes for post-consumer carton packages, so it is expected that the Sustainability Manager will be driving strong engagement and development of partnerships with key stakeholders in the Waste Management and Recycling sectors.This permanent position will be based in Egypt with approximately 30% travel and will report to the Sustainability Director.
What you will do
- Support deployment of sustainability initiatives to implement the Tetra Pak Group strategy in the assigned countries. Major focus is on developing collection and recycling programmes for post-consumer carton packages – either independently or in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Manage local recycling and/or collection programmes incl. investment projects, (preparing feasibility studies, business cases and presenting to the higher management for approvals).
- Drive activities towards the achievement of defined KPI’s for collection and recycling, including the monitoring of collection/sorting/recycling projects development, installation, commissioning, and performance validation.
- Secure compliance with local collection/recycling regulations/targets as applicable (main focus on EPR – Extended Producer Responsibility and PRO management). Secure reliable accounting and reporting of collection/recycling rates with proper documentation and following the company’s reporting guidelines.
- Help driving the Sustainability Transformation in the markets providing feedback and assisting on Tetra Pak’s Customers’ needs.
We believe you have
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in environment/sustainability.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in sustainability focused roles, preferably in the Food & Beverage industry.
- Experienced in waste management and recycling.
- Knowledge of waste management regulations and EPR legislation schemes.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Experience in advocacy, communication, sustainability strategy execution is a plus.
- Experience in leading and managing projects and ability to work independently.
- Good understanding of financials is a plus.
- Strategic mindset, with the openness and ability to be involved both on high level meetings with higher management and local key stakeholders and on operational hands-on and on-the-ground tasks as well.
- Proactiveness, drive, self-motivation and focus on delivering results.
- Ability to think out of the box and willingness to participate in creation of innovative solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to be part of our promise to protect what’s good; for food, people, and the planet, apply through our careers page at https://jobs.tetrapak.com/.
This job posting expires on 10 June 2022.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact Sandile Livi at [email protected].