An opportunity has arisen to join our Building Engineering team based in Dubai, working on a landmark project in the region. We’re currently recruiting a Sustainability Manager to join our teams.
- Organizes, own and others work to achieve set deadlines
- Leads pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve a high quality consistent set of presentation or design documents as per AECOM’s Technical Excellence standards
- Proactively checks and coordinates project documents (including but not limited to multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, technical specifications, bills of quantities, etc.) and ensure they meet AECOM’s Technical Excellence standards
- Prepares designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, working drawings, develops details, develops specifications
- Regularly reviews and checks their own deliverables for accuracy, efficiency and thoroughness ensuring delivery is as per AECOM’s Technical Excellence standards
- Reviews drawings either in AutoCAD or Revit and co-ordinates using Navisworks
- Proactively liaising with Statutory Authorities and develop knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements
- Communicates with clarity, purpose and accuracy
- Attend client meetings
- Confidently present work to colleagues
- Contribute to providing technical support to site supervision teams and resolving design related issues on site
- Participate in developing responses to review comments, tender queries, contractor’s queries, etc.
- Contribute to the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports
- Keeps abreast of the latest software/ techniques to increase productivity
Specific Skills Required
- 15 years experience in Sustainability / Building Engineering
- High knowledge of Sustainable Design principles Estidama, LEED, Mostadam
- Ability and will to guide and provide support to junior staff members
- Ability and motivated to update skills and expertise through continuing professional development (CPD) initiatives
- Detailed knowledge of AECOM’s standards, policies, codes and procedures
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
- BEng or BSc in Architecture or Engineering degree
- LEED AP, WELL AP
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.