Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Sustainability & Environmental Principal to join our team! In this role you will get to serve as a key member of complex project teams which require sustainability evaluation, environmental compliance from conception to project completion, including design, construction, and closeout.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Analyze and evaluate primary and secondary sustainability and environmental information Collaborates with other Engineers to provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Provide technical guidance to Project teams during planning, design development, tendering and construction supervision to enable achievement of Project sustainability and environmental goals and targets and Project permits.
- Prepare technical studies, reports, plans, narratives and supporting documentation.
- Ensure compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Develop technical provisions, specifications and purchase requisitions including environmental performance and prescriptive sustainability requirements, and specifications for use in procurement processes.
- Develop environmental and sustainability management plans and procedures.
- Review deliverables prepared by consultants, suppliers, and contractors for accuracy and quality.
- Review and respond to RFIs and other technical queries, coordinating with stakeholders to obtain information as required.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with Client, environmental agencies, consultants and contractors.
- Prepare and submit permit and license applications, coordinate with authorities to secure approvals.
- Prepare community operational solid waste management plans as part of sustainability certification documentation.
- Conduct surveys, studies, and site investigations related to environmental compliance and sustainability.
Corporate S&R Practice:
- Maintain affiliation participate in one or more professional organizations.
- Participate in business development and marketing activities, including proposal preparation and client presentations.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by the MEA S&E Director and the Corporate Director of S&R to support the sustainability working group, including policy development, metrics tracking, and reporting
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in architecture, engineering, planning, or related natural sciences field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Estidama PCRS PQP (Pearl Community Rating System Pearl Qualified Professional).
- At least 15 years of overall work experience within an engineering design and project management or sustainability consultancy, including at least four years in a project sustainability role.
- Documented completion of at least one additional sustainability credential, LEED GA/AP, or equivalent, as a minimum (additional credentials a plus).
- Documented participation in the preparation of a third-party sustainability certification application (e.g., LEED, Envision, Estidama), including at least two (2) completed, certified projects.
- Experience in coordinating with diverse individuals and teams including client, consultant, contractor, design and construction members to enable achievement of Project sustainability objectives and targets.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Working knowledge of multiple international sustainability frameworks used for planning, administration, and third-party certifications (e.g., LEED, BREEAM, CEEQUAL, Estidama, Envision).
- Experience preparing project-specific and program-wide environmental, sustainability, and resilience plans.
- Detail oriented, well-organized, and able to work independently as well as part of a team, on multiple Projects in parallel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language for use in preparation of and delivery of high-quality documents in terms of grammar, composition, formatting, layout, spelling and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and established work processes.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.