Lloyd's Register Group
Location: Al Khobar, Eastern Province, SA, 31952
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Al Khobar : Al Sharq Tower
Position Type:Employee Regular
Surveyor – Marine & Offshore
To assess the design / production / in service aspects of engineering assets, using procedures, experience and knowledge appropriate for routine situations.
- To conduct relevant activities and provide advice for service delivery within own area of experience, adhering to budget constraints and contractual requirements.
- To produce the deliverable within the agreed parameters in a defined format to time, budget and to quality.
- To discuss and present the deliverable with the internal / external client and be able to suggest solutions where appropriate.
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards.
- To pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline, knowledge and awareness.
- To assess or recommend the time and value of the work to be undertaken for an external client, assisting in identifying the most appropriate fee and cost structure.
- To give guidance to other employees, as appropriate, and disseminate information to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
- To assist in service delivery improvement by communicating internal / external client feedback as appropriate.
- Ensure that the appropriate authorisations are gained and are kept up to date.
- Undertake routine administration as required in line with current processes and procedures.
Technical / Professional Qualifications / Requirements:
- A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation recognised by Lloyd’s Register within the relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum of two years programme) or Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certificated ship’s officer.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Working towards or achieving charted or incorporated engineering status.
- To work in accordance with professional codes of conduct and the LR Code of Ethics in IMS01.
- To use a combination of general and specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to apply existing and emerging technology.
- To be able to apply appropriate theoretical and practical methods to design, develop, manufacture, construct, commission, operate and maintain engineering products, processes, systems and services.
- To provide technical and commercial management, e.g. project management, process management.
- Proficiency in the English language commensurate with the work.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lloyd’s Register:
Together we are one Lloyd’s Register, committed to developing an inclusive and safe workplace that embraces and celebrates diversity. We strive to ensure that all applicants to LR experience equality of opportunity and fair treatment, because we believe it is the right thing to do. We hope you do too.
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Job Segment: Surveyor, Engineer, Project Manager, Engineering, Technology
To apply for this job please visit sa.indeed.com.