Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
We currently have an opportunity for a Studio Assistant to join our rapidly expanding Ecommerce team. As our Studio Assistant, your key responsibility will be to assist the photographer in all areas of photography and styling in par with meeting deadlines. This includes maintaining the daily running of our inhouse studio. You’ll be an exceptional communicator; accountable for liaising with our photographer to manage the daily targets, as well as working and supporting the team.
- Partner with Photography department to meet daily production goals and adhere to image style and quality guidelines as noted in the Style Guide for eCommerce Photography
- Create inspiring looks for catalog photo shoots based on styling direction, brand knowledge and trends
- Keep merchandise organized, dress models in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet daily and weekly goals
- Participate in evolving the styling point of view to improvising on e-Commerce friendly looks
- Research and stay on top current and emerging trends in fashion, retail, and accessories
- Ensure items are prepared for image capture according to style guide: including cleaning, removing stickers, tags, labels, and packaging, steaming apparel, pinning and stuffing merchandise, hard goods and footwear to department standards
- Ensure items are ready to return to each department: including reattaching tags, removing stuffing, repackaging hard goods in containers or boxes, and disassembling products that were assembled during prepping
- Monitor the flow of items between the collectible departments and the photo studio. Ensure items acquired for shoots are returned to stock room in a timely manner
- Source props and other items as required for photoshoots
- Responsible for all administrative duties of the photography department
- Maintain image library through proper coding and naming
- Demonstrate proactivity in cross-training throughout all roles
- Ensure the maintenance of the studio is of a high standard – including keeping a check on all relevant equipment stock levels and any required repairs
- Maintain the studio as a clean and tidy working environment
What you’ll need to succeed
- Someone who is proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel; have excellent communication skills; high ability to effectively multitask and meet deadlines; high willingness to perform repetitive tasks; highly detail-oriented.
- Having prior styling experience in a photography environment.
- Knowledge of both Adobe photoshop and Lightroom is beneficial, but not essential.
- Keenness to learn while on the job will be a plus.
- Knowledge in shooting by studio standards can be a role we would like the candidate to learn while assisting the photographer so in cases where needed to shoot can be handled.
- We need someone who is super organized, a confident communicator and overall, an individual who thrives within a fast-paced environment!
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.