As a Robotics Electrical Engineer, you will support existing field products and support the continuous improvement of Stryker products.
You will lead design team to execute project goals. Create test programs and fixtures for development tools and processes. Design and develop requirements, prototypes and solutions to deliver electrical designs for robotic and surgical applications.
You will generate detailed electrical and electronic designs and release applicable documentation. Work closely with manufacturing, other engineering teams, quality assurance and program management to deliver products. Generate detailed designs and release applicable documentation. Review peer designs. Contribute to building and testing of prototypes.
- Generate and communicate schedules to a broad technical audience. Clearly communicate status of team assignments and coordinate team tasks.
- Lead teams and create designs for printed circuit board and electrical subsystems for use within robotic systems.
- Expert use development tools, such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and soldering stations.
- Originate designs and concepts, draft design documentation, plan and conduct relevant reviews and tests.
- Debug electrical circuit problems and implement corrective action. Document and release the corrective action.
- Investigates field problems to root cause and propose resolutions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Expert knowledge of FPGA and microcontroller designs.
- Bachelors Electrical / Electronics Engineering degree from an ABET accredited school
- Expert knowledge of embedded systems (electronics and firmware within a electro-mechanical chassis).
- 6+ years of relevant experience in printed circuit boards, embedded systems, electrical design.
- Expert ability to read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Experience working with industry regulations and authoring specifications and test plans
- Experience working in medical device quality system or other regulated industry
- Experience as project lead
- Expert knowledge of analog and digital mixed circuit design.
- Masters, or Doctorate (PhD) Electrical / Electronics Engineering degree would be desirable
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A