A Principal Engineer who is passionate about product development to lead the development of products from concept to product launch within the Interventional Spine (IVS) business in a Technical Lead role. The Technical Lead is the owner of the product architecture to ensure that the product meets the user needs. This individual is responsible for coordinating the cross-discipline technical work required for the various phases of product development. They collaborate with the project manager to plan design activities, identify and mitigate technical risks, and collaborate with the broader cross-functional team to deliver a quality product and ensure project schedule predictability. Additionally, the Technical Lead provides mentorship to engineers to aid in their development and continue to strengthen our engineering bench. This position has no direct reports and this individual must be able to collaborate with individuals in various levels of the organization.
- Divisional expert with extensive experience applying industry standards for device development.
- Assess new technologies and capabilities (prototyping, testing, et.al.) for the organization.
- Lead the development of standards and regulations, working closely with functions within and across business.
- Mentor and influence in correction of complex product design issues.
- Lead technical team members in research, design, development, modification and evaluation assemblies or subsystems.
- Mentor, develop and influence across the business, intentionally building divisional relationships.
- Translate user needs to design inputs/ specifications and produce system/architectural level layouts and platform designs.
- Navigate the Intellectual landscape for filings and protection.
- Additional role-specific technical areas of responsibilities may be added as deemed necessary by the local hiring manager.
- Apply advanced engineering theories, principles, and concepts across various products within business.
- Independent reviewer and advisor for the creation or refinement of engineering documentation, such as the Design History file.
Qualification & Experience:
- High degree of experience in medical device design (or designing in a highly regulated industry) and ability to utilize Solid Modeling and CAE tools to optimize the design, preferred
- Creo experience, preferred
- Bachelor of Science; in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, BioMedical or Masters in related discipline, preferred
- Broad base of experience in Implementing design methodologies such as DFM, Reliability, Systems Design, preferred
- In-depth knowledge of materials, manufacturing and processing methods and technologies to support complex product development, preferred
- 8+ years of work experience
- Ability to communicate complex plans and technical information to team members within and across businesses, preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Battle Creek, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A