The Lead Tax Analyst prepares and maintains tax records, returns, reports and other related materials. This individual will participate in the development and implementation of tax strategy, and devise legal means to minimize tax liability using thorough knowledge of tax laws and regulations. This individual will recommend alternative tax treatments to alleviate or reduce tax burden.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with Business Unit colleagues and cross‐ functional departments.
- Participate in departmental tax projects as requested.
- Assist the Global Transfer Pricing Manager with various tax efficient supply chain planning opportunities.
- Lead the research and documentation of various tax issues related to tax planning, tax return preparation and audit support.
- Lead the monitoring and maintaining of recurring transaction.
- Assist with ASC 740 provision in cooperation with the Global Tax Accounting and Reporting group.
- Prepare and/or review the international portions of the U.S. tax return including 5471s, 8858s, 1118s, and other forms. and schedules required to determine the accuracy of the forms and the presentation of tax planning opportunities.
- Prepare US federal and State pro-forma tax returns.
- Participate in tax projects in cooperation with other Stryker Tax personnel.
- Contribute towards the completion and review of the quarterly effective rate and any estimated U.S income tax function through oversight, training, and exposure to skills developed through work experience.
- Work with the Global Tax Accounting and Reporting to lead the reconciliation of various tax accounts.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office© applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Combination of Fortune 500 corporate tax department and International CPA firm experience preferred.
- Excellent organization, project management and self‐management skills.
- CPA, and/or Masters Degree preferred.
- Should be a self‐starter able to thrive in a fast‐paced, deadline‐driven environment.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships internally with business units and cross‐functionally.
- Prefer a combination of public accounting and corporate experience.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Must be able to review printed materials.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with individuals from across the Finance Organization, external advisers and consultants.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of income tax or comparable experience.
- Open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances and/or ability to work in ambiguous situations.
- Experience with CorpTax and HFM softwares a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kalamazoo, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A