Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings. Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required. May perform equipment modifications as directed by manufacturing engineers.
This position requires knowledge that is acquired through experience, specialized education or training. The role has clearly defined procedures and tasks as well as defined guidelines to aid in decision making. The job requires a basic understanding of work routines and procedures in own discipline. The technical procedures for this level are well defined. The job works within well-defined procedures that may involve a variety of work routines. This job typically requires a minimum of 2 or more years experience.
Under minimal supervision, will maintain, repair, improve any equipment, fixtures, and tools to support the production floor and may provide process technical support and training for new product development, shop floor teams and Manufacturing/Process Engineers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to analyze and correct complex product and/or process issues using independent judgment.
- Must be able to routinely make decisions that effect immediate operations.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment, sometimes requiring extended hours.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
- HS Dipolma Required
- 2 year Technical Degree preferred or equivalent experience with equipment operation, maintenance and repair
- Basic computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database)
- Must have the ability to work with and repair mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed proposals and operating procedures.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to operate small hand tools, inspection equipment, and common office equipment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A