About the Role
We’re seeking a talented Analytics & Insights Analyst to join the Middle East & Africa (MEA) Strategy & Planning (S&P) team, as part of the broader MEA Community Operations team. You will collaborate with various teams to work on a wide range of customer operations initiatives with impact across the MEA region, and also across EMEA and Global.
In this role, you will be responsible for answering strategic questions with data, analyzing scaled data and processes, developing dashboards and reporting, and distilling impactful insights on core business metrics. You will work directly with leadership to add critical analytical horsepower to ensure we’re making data driven decisions, and using insights to improve efficiency and customer experiences in a scalable and sustainable way. You will help to tackle the most critical business problems of the region, working closely with Operations and Analytics partners.
The role’s core mission is to drive strategic decisions based on data and insights, across a variety of business challenges – from fixing our broken customer experiences to strengthening our safety, risk and compliance. The second mission is to focus on MEA performance data & metrics, to provide robust analytics to support the broader teams’ projects, and to strengthen the team’s data analytical skills.
What you’ll Do
- Act as a thought partner to local market teams and centralised analytics & insights teams on business performance data, esp. relating to Safety, Risk & Compliance teams, in order to build meaningful data capture, dashboarding and processes, under a highly regulated environment;
- Drive analysis on projects across MEA to improve customer support operations and customer experience of our customers;
- Upskill the MEA analytics champions in SQL and data analysis;
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep local teams as efficient as possible;
- Build dashboards that answer the needs of our internal stakeholders – take advantage of the ever-growing amount of data we have at our fingertips to help partners across MEA manage and improve our operations;
- Apply data science techniques on large data sets to develop strategic insights, and present them in a compelling way to enable smart and sustainable business decisions.
What you’ll Need
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in analytics based role (e.g. business intelligence, Analytics etc)
- Significant full time work experience in a quantitative/analytical role
- Excellent analytical skills, strong intellectual curiosity and ability to structure and tackle difficult problems with minimal supervision
- Proven experience in improving business processes
- Good communication and storytelling skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced SQL (must-have)!
- Proficiency in Tableau and ability to write simple scripts / repurpose scripts in Python
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with multiple partners, which often requires the ability to lead multiple projects and priorities
- Willingness to quickly learn, adapt and apply new technical skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.