Job Number 22067703
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Cairo, 1189 Nile Corniche, Downtown, Cairo, Egypt, Egypt VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Manages the daily kitchen utility operations. Areas of responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back dock cleaning and maintenance, banquet plating and food running. Supervises kitchen associates not actively engaged in cooking (e.g., dishwashers, kitchen helpers, etc.). Strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Assists with an effective dish room equipment repair and maintenance program.
- Conducts china, glass and silver inventories.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Coordinates banquet plating and food running with Banquet Chef and Banquet Maitre’d.
- Enforces proper breakdown procedures for banquets, restaurants, room service and associate cafeteria.
- Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Inspects food holding and transport equipment and maintains in working order.
- Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver and ensures adequate clean supplies of each.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Performs all duties of utility associates as necessary.
- Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
- Supervises dish room shift operations.
- Knows and implements brand’s Safety Standards.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Attends meetings and communicates with executives and peers as an effort to improve quality of service.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Managing and Conducting
Human Resource Activities
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, hires, and promotes associates in the organization.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Trains associates in safety procedures and supervises their ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hiring training to successfully perform their job.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.