This job contributes to Starbucks success by coordinating the movement of raw materials from warehouse storage to production locations as well as moving product from warehouse to distribution centers in accordance with production, delivery schedules and other business requirements. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding princples.
- Performs a range of shipping, receiving and inventory control duties, including loading and unloading of trailers, replenishing stock, and filling orders.
- Works to resolve shipping errors
- Manages dock door and tracks incoming purchase orders.
- Works with scheduling partners to identify shortages in production plan and communicate to appropriate departments and partners.
- Coordinates movement of raw materials from the warehouse to production locations.
- Initiates material moves to Work in Process (WIP) locations based on data from transfer reports.
- Reviews and acts upon messages from the computerized inventory system.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Perform inventory counts, reconcile and make visual check of on-hand raw materials, and execute test requests.
- Ensures quality by continually reviewing work to detect and correct errors.
- Ensures all outbound product is available for distribution
- Completes required documentation of product and raw material movement.
- Supports scheduled production throughput levels to meet team goals for reliability and budget standards.
Qualification & Experience:
- Flexibility to work overtime as required, even on short notice
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of Material Resource Planning (MRP) systems and their applications
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Material handling (1 year)
- Regulated food manufacturing environment (1 year)
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Ability to perform inventory counts and identify ways to minimize material outages
- Basic math skills
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Ability to collect, record and report on material requirements using manual or automated systems
- Ability to follow verbal direction
- Manufacturing or distribution environment (2 years)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A