As a Starbucks Lead Software Engineer, you will be instrumental in building software services that enables a seamless payment processing experience to our customers. You will guide the team to engineer scalable, secure, extensible solutions that integrate with payment service providers. Our services run both on-prem as well as in the cloud.
- Enable the realization of strategic initiatives and operational improvements.
- Deliver high quality software using Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Establish key, complex business capabilities and platform features.
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on standards, products, and services
- Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
- Provide high-availability operational support and automate solutions across the environment
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Communicates highly complex ideas and concepts to non-technical peers and customers
- Develop innovative, highly performant, resilient, scalable, secure, extensible, and available software.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with financial, payments or fraud detection systems preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing platform
- Experience in designing and developing a significant component or feature of a scalable service
- Experience with architecture, design, implementation and delivery of secure services that perform at scale
- Strong software engineering fundamentals including knowledge of design patterns and OO design principles.
- Experience with relational and non-relational, NoSQL databases
- 2 years of leading team projects with four or more software developers
- Experience working with distributed systems and architectures, including SOA, SaaS and microservices approaches
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- 7+ years of professional industry experience with software development in C# or Java
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A