Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas
companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed
to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary purpose of job
The Senior Systems Engineer (Systems Security) will join the team responsible for overall protection, confidentiality,
integrity and availability of the ICT systems that supports QP’s business operations.
The new member is required to support and maintain the day-to-day security operations and system change lifecycle of
QP’s critical security devices, tools & services. The engineer shall provide senior technical support for all perimeter security
devices whilst providing leadership & mentoring to junior team members. The role will be an enabler to the company’s
success through development and implementation of security practices that create a secure working environment.
- Manage and support next generation and traditional firewalls.
- Manage and support VPN solutions (Remote access, site-to-site VPN, and SSL VPN).
- Manage and support email security gateways technologies as well as APT/ sandboxing security technologies in order to
secure access from/to the internet.
- Manage and support forward/ reverse proxy appliances, SSL offloading and visibility technologies.
- Manage and support DNS and DHCP appliances.
Experience & Skills
- Design and implement security controls in line with QP’s security policies to ensure information security consistency and
compliance. In addition, develop methodology/framework for providing consistent and repeatable security controls
- Conduct security technology reviews to ensure security control systems are built according to security architecture
principles and the established standards, and to ensure security control systems are optimized to maximum efficiency.
- Provide the required support to investigate evidence and other information in response to security incidents to immediately
pinpoint abnormal activity and identify possible perpetrators if any.
- Manage, maintain configuration/availability and system lifecycle of key perimeter/internal security devices to ensure
continuous business support as well as develop and maintain current system documentation and versioning to ensure
up-to-date documentation of implemented technologies.
- Manage and support next generation and traditional firewalls, virtualization and networking for remote access such as
VPN solutions (Remote access, site-to-site VPN, and SSL VPN), intrusion detection and prevention appliances, DDOS
appliances, email security gateways technologies as well as APT/ sandboxing security technologies in order to secure
access from/to the internet.
- Manage and support privilege management systems, Active Directory GPOs related to security, Public Key Infrastructure
technologies to ensure cryptographic services (authentication, signing, time stamping, issuing certificates) will leverage the
integrity of data and assurance of security in QP business operations.
- Manage and support DNS and DHCP appliances as well as cloud-based DNS technology in order to ensure robust
access to network resources and the internet.
- Manage and support forward/ reverse proxy appliances, Unified Threat Management (UTM) based firewalls, SSL
offloading and visibility technologies and cloud-based technologies when it comes to ensuring secure access to/from the
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering field or Management Information Systems.
- 8 or more years of demonstrated experience in IT Network/Systems security operations functions.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.