Job description / Role
Sr Program Manager, Sustainability MENA Ops
Are you excited by sustainability, the future of this planet, and driving a large-scale environmental initiative across MENA Customer fulfillment operations? Do you have the autonomy to build a path to zero emissions for an entire department, drive the financials, engineering, and development for it, and manage project execution for green projects? Then the MENA Operations Sustainability Program Management position is for you! Amazon is striving to reach the goals outlined in the Paris Climate Accord 10 years quicker than the established deadline, and we’re looking for emboldened leaders to get us there.
– Develop a five-year vision for sustainability in Amazon’s MENA operations
– Build this vision into a roadmap with a critical path, regular check-in points, and communication outlets to senior leadership (VP and directors) for approval on initiatives and financing.
– Prioritize the department’s most impactful carbon offset and reduction initiatives
– Work with third-party vendors for solar, GHG benchmarking studies, and design concepts for net zero emissions facilities
– Lead collaborative monthly / weekly reviews to align stakeholders across the org working as sustainability ambassadors
– Establish cross-functional relationships with the WW Sustainability team in order to leverage their resources and integrate MENA Operations onto larger company-wide initiatives
– Implement legal arrangements such as clean energy agreements or purchase power agreements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.