Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest e-commerce site in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and became part of the Amazon family in 2017. We are now working tirelessly to bring the Earth’s most customer centric experience to the region. We are making significant investments for the long term – building our Fulfillment and Transportation infrastructure as well as the leadership team.
This senior leadership role will lead the key initiatives and large scale projects for the operations across the region comprising of 3 countries – UAE, KSA and Egypt. We seek a highly skilled and motivated leader to drive large scale initiatives innovating the way in which we deliver products to our customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a rapidly growing area within Amazon.
• An ideal candidate should have an extensive background in operations and program, and cross-functional leadership for large scale strategic initiatives.
• S/he should have the ability to lead a team, create product/program visions, manage complex multi tech/ops/business org opportunities, drive execution of programs, pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, and standardize/create scalable processes leveraging technology.
• This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with Business, Operations, and tech stakeholders, while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment with all levels of leadership and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist.
• The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex logistics challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results both individually and through a large team.
NEEDED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Influencing without authority: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence stakeholders across functions to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
• Building and Developing a strong team: Significant experience leading teams, developing your directs to consistently deliver valuable projects and performance on core metrics
• Strong Communication: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams at all levels, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
• Problem Solving: Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, to structure ambiguous situations and to use data analysis to the extent possible to find and drive solutions
• Delivering Results: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end complex technology and operations projects under tight timelines, working through the multiple constraints along the way