Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas
companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed
to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary purpose of job
Participate in establishing and implementing Information Communication Technology Governance, Risk, Compliance, and
performance management frameworks and metrics to continuously improve ICT performance and ensure ICT deliver and
demonstrate value to the business. Develop, maintain, and implement ICT Service Management policies, procedures,
methodologies, and related artifacts in collaboration with other stakeholders in ICT. Engage with internal audit and ICT
stakeholders to conduct audit risk assessments and agree on annual audit plans. Responsible for tracking and reporting on
open audit actions and working with different stakeholders to ensure timely completion of actions. Participate in ICT risk
assessment activities and ensure risk practices and controls are well designed and implemented in line with Corporate
ERM framework. Monitor compliance activities and ensure all ICT areas are adhering to and in compliance with ICT
Governance and management procedures.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in an enterprise IT environment, preferably in Oil & Gas industry, with at
least 5 years of demonstrated experience in IT Governance and IT Service Management.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, executing, and improving IT Governance and IT Service Management
policies, processes, practices, and supporting documentation.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in formulating IT Governance objectives and goals and developing effective
techniques for deriving these objectives from IT initiatives.
- Practical experience in the implementation of IT Governance, Audit, Risk and Compliance frameworks such as ITIL,
COBIT, NIST, COSO and CMMI.
- Deep understanding of internal and external auditing techniques (i.e., audit planning, fieldwork, reporting and tracking of
controls, including remediation activities).
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Risk Management methodologies, frameworks, and principles to identify, assess,
mitigate, monitor, test and report on risks and controls.
- Good understanding and working experience in the implementation of ICT process improvements utilizing the COBIT
framework and leveraging six sigma or other similar methodologies to ensure measurement and success in these areas.
- Strong technical IT background with practical knowledge of a wide variety of technologies including server infrastructure &
operating systems, network & communication infrastructures, database architecture and cyber & information security.
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging IT industry trends and directions, particularly those associated with IT in Oil and
- Operates under direction using mature judgment in planning and performing assignments and achieving defined
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively participate in a multi-cultural and multi-national workforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with refined presentation skills and the ability to work with
contractors and other departments at varying levels of management.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and consistently deliver results required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent education.
- ITIL V3 Expert Certified
- ISO 2000 Lead Implementer / Auditor
- COBIT Design and Implementation
- ITIL 4 Managing Professional
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.