Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas
companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed
to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
OPERATED ONSHORE OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT
Primary purpose of job
Analyze, interpret and integrate geophysical data with subsurface information to establish and update geologic frameworks
and models for QP oilfields. Undertake geophysical studies of reservoirs and overburden sections to evaluate proposed
well locations and optimize field development and enhanced recovery plans. Conduct quantitative seismic characterization
and uncertainty analysis to support structural, stratigraphic, and rock property modelling of carbonate and evaporitic facies.
Participate in interdisciplinary reservoir study teams. Develop and mentor less experienced staff.
Experience & Skills
Required experience and expertise
- 15+ years of experience as a Geophysicist working for national and international oil and gas organizations.
- Must have undertaken field and reservoir studies to support field development and enhanced recovery plans by
integrating geological, petrophysical, and geophysical data.
- Must have worked on mature producing fields in collaboration with subsurface geosciences and engineering disciplines to
enhance reservoir characterization and production optimization processes.
- Must have experience applying structural and stratigraphic concepts and methods to incorporate reservoir
compartmentalization and facies heterogeneities in reservoir models.
- Must have experience in geophysical risk and uncertainty analysis of structural, stratigraphic, and reservoir properties to
enhance reservoir characterization and well planning.
- Must have geoscience experience interpreting and characterizing carbonate facies from seismic and well data.
- Must demonstrate solid professional and interpersonal skills working with multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams of
subsurface specialists to effectively deliver targeted, high-quality results.
- Must be able to share knowledge and communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and
- Must have experience mentoring less experienced geoscientists.
- Must have working experience using geophysical software platforms for subsurface interpretation and characterization in
both Windows and Linux/Unix environments.
- Minimum of a MSc degree in Geology or Geophysics is required.
Desirable experience and expertise
- Desirable to have experience in project management, including scoping, bidding, QA/QC/HSE supervision, and contract
execution of outsourced geophysical operations, projects, and studies.
- Desirable to have working knowledge of quantitative seismic attribute analysis to model and de-risk rock properties,
sedimentary facies, and depositional architecture.
- Desirable to have knowledge of petrophysical and geomechanical modelling to support fault and fracture detection and
generate reservoir quality indicators from seismic to enhance well planning, production optimization, and recovery
- Desirable to have experience integrating petrophysical and reservoir engineering data from oil and gas fields under
enhanced recovery (i.e., waterflooding, water-alternating-gas injection),
- Desirable to have knowledge in surface seismic design, modelling, acquisition, and processing of 3D surveys.
Minimum of a MSc degree in Geology or Geophysics is required
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.