Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas
companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed
to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Petroleum Refinery predominantly in Distributed Control System and Plant
Information systems. At least 5 years of minimum experience in Plant information system.
- Sound experience in implementation, maintenance, upgrade and support of a real time historian database and
- Practical familiarity with project management methods.
- Ability to adapt to Technological Change.
- Good Knowledge on Core Functional Experience in Oil and Gas Industry.
- Solid understanding of plant automation applications, networks and distributed computing concepts and protocols
- Solid knowledge of industrial automation and control system concepts, such as FIELDBUS, SCADA, DCS, HMI’s, PLC’s,
OPC, and Data Historians.
- Experience in developing scope of work and technical specifications for Plant Information System related projects.
- Thorough understanding of Plant Information system related technical standards and development methodologies.
- Skills on high level programming and web interface development.
- Knowledge of statistical data reconciliation packages and related plant modelling.
- Skills to impart technical training and periodical refresher courses to Refinery end users.
- Knowledge of Oracle Database Management, Web Development, MS-Office, MS-Access, Visual Basic, C# , .Net and
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Control System, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field)
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.