Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
- This role drives new partnership and sponsorship opportunities for the LEC business units. The person is also responsible for maintaining and nurturing the existing partnership and sponsorship relationships across LEC.
This role is expected to be business driver who can bring partnership and sponsorships to the table.
Job Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the revenue contribution of partnerships and sponsorships within the LEC businesses
- Manages the existing bank and telco partnerships on a day-to-day basis (with the support of a very experienced Sales Executive) to ensure seamless account management internally and externally
- Sources new partnerships, negotiates and onboards new partners according to the strategic direction given across the MENA region for VOX Cinemas, Magic Planet, Ski Dubai, Ski Egypt, Snow Abu Dhabi and Snow Oman
- Ensures collaboration with Operations, Finance, IT and Marketing to ensure that the partnerships and new initiatives are viable and that all departments are across what is required of them to ensure timely delivery of the same
- Responsible for collating market intelligence on a quarterly basis and keeping the business advised of threats from our competitors and other external factors
- Works with CX and the Data Analytics team to provide a quarterly dashboard against agreed metrics to ensure that bank customer behaviour is monitored and that any emerging trends that can better inform business decisions are shared regularly
- Reports monthly on performance actual vs. budget and provides quarterly forecast income. Closely monitors, in coordination with Finance, on all debtors and collections
- Responsible for liaising with Legal and other internal departments within the MAF Group for the proper drafting and execution of the contracts.
- Comply with procedures to ensure that the team works within the parameters set with Internal Audit and requirements as per the DOA.
- Creates sponsorship opportunities across LEC in line with the events calendar as well as sources new potential sponsorship opportunities for the business
- Prospects/identifies and negotiates short and long-term, third-party revenue generating programs such as brand activations, promotions and classic sponsorship arrangements for our venues and across our media sites
- Is key liaison with advertising agencies, marketing teams, retailers, and suppliers for sponsors
- Works with marketing and operations to appoint service providers for elements of sponsorships as required
- Works with legal to draft sponsorship contracts and agreements as required
- Assists in developing new programs and revenue generating ideas for each business unit to ensure KPIS are achieved
- Develops and maintain long term business relationships with key clients in order to drive repeatable activity and annual sponsorships agreements
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Measure of Success – Illustrative KPIs:
- Maintains existing Partnerships revenue
- Delivers 30% growth from NEW partnerships in first year
- Delivers AED5 Million in sponsorships in first year
Other Context (if applicable):
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
Skillset (job specific technical skills and behavioral competencies needed)
- Excellent knowledge of MS office.
- Demonstrable experience in proactive development and negotiation of partnerships and sponsorships for high profile organisations and events in the region
- Superb interpersonal skills with confident presentation and communication skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Able to demonstrate significant long term account management experience
- Must be assertive, quick thinking and a competent decision-maker
- Able to be trusted with confidential and sensitive company information
- Capable of working under extreme pressure and as part of a small team
- Fully conversant with legal documents
- Minimum 6 years experience, preferably with at least 3 years in the MENA region
- Must have excellent spoken and written English and preferably be an Arabic speaker
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.