Job description / Role
Supports and provides direct patient care, medical direction and advice within the Critical Care Department in collaboration with Consultant and Head of Department
• Contributes all clinical activities of the department.
• Participates with the Consultant on all administrative activities of the department.
• Participates in critical care services intradepartmentally and interdepartmentally.
• Develops the policies and procedures that guide provision of services.
• Participates ongoing assessment and improvement of the department’s performance.
• Participates and maintains appropriate quality control programs for the department.
• Participates in orientation, in-service education, and continuing education of all personnel in the department.
• Advocates for an interdicsiplinary approach to care delivery.
• Promotes research within the department and Al Qassimi Hospital .
• Clinically participates in the care and treatment of all critically ill patients who are admitted to the Intensive Care Unit.
• Participates the management of patients in the ICU and works with physicians of other specialties.
• Responds to all Code Blue calls in the Surgical ICU and other areas of the Al Qassimi Hospital
• Participates in department in-services and attends staff meetings.
• Regulary reports, as required, on the KPIs that are to be reported upon regarding the activities in the Department.
• Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship and ongoing communications with medical staff and other department heads.
• Ensures the Department / Clinical Unit Manager is informed of and aware of significant events and activities in the area(s) of responsibility.
• Ensures ICML is is informed of and aware of significant events and activities in the area(s) of responsibility and ensure collection and compilationof all documentations, IP and other relevant information about ICML activities within the Department as may be required by ICML.
• Provides input to the monthly reports to be produced by the Clinical Director to the ICML Project Manager and to ICML on the activities of the Department with particular emphasis on the activities of the ICML Staff at the Department for the preceeding month highlighting areas of success, areas of deficiency and forecasting possible future encumbrances including laying out the steps for oversoming the same with the aim of providing safe and effieicnt healthcare services;
• Generally has a duty of care to ICML and works with and works with and cooperates fully with ICML and the ICML Project Manager in the implementation of all aspects of the Agreement between ICML’s Client and ICML;
• Performs other professional duties as may be assigned within his/her scope and ability.