A leading Cyber Security Consulting Company in Abu Dhabi, UAE is looking for Specialist – Databases for 12 months contract.
- Participate in the design, planning, and implementation of new projects/technologies
- Provide day-to-day Tier 1 operational support, including responding to incidents, service requests, and tasks
- Help to maximize database performance by monitoring the network, identifying and resolving bottlenecks, troubleshooting network problems/outages
- Help to secure database by establishing and enforcing policies and monitoring access
- Reporting operational database status by gathering and prioritizing information
- Maintain database health checks, proactively take actions to minimize downtime and performance issues
- Day-to-day administration of clustered and non-clustered databases
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Help to write comprehensive technical reports, including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Maintain knowledge of new and emerging cyber security threats and ensure the infrastructure is secured
- Manage and prioritize multiple assigned tasks to meet established deadlines
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Support other teams for performance/ availability issues
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to less experienced colleagues
- Ensure compliance with all approved ITSM policies and processes.
- In Tier 1 or 2 shift based role with an intermediate level of experience in managing and supporting complex databases that are built on a number of different technologies
- Intermediate level experience in Managed Services (Database)
- Intermediate level experience in different monitoring, synchronization, security, and optimization tools
- Intermediate level experience in managing and supporting SQL and NoSQL databases
- Intermediate level experience in managing and supporting clustered and non-clustered databases
- Intermediate level experience in databases monitoring, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Intermediate level experience with planning, implementing, and improving security policies and configurations
- Advanced level experience following ITSM policies and processes.
- Oracle Certified Professional: MySQL Database Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: SQL Server
- ITIL v3 Foundation or higher
With over 20 years of experience, we have come to understand that innovation is the only way to provide agile, practical solutions that transform businesses and careers.
Our resourcing and smart services help you to realize tomorrow’s potential. Discover the amazing things possible when you bring the right people and the right technologies together.