Southwest Jobs – Instructional Designer
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Designs, develops and modifies curriculum, documentation and other training materials to support Instructor led and/or online training. Responsible for multiple projects and recommends training solutions. Mentors other Team members to achieve high performance and promotes Southwest Culture.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Works with Subject Matter Experts to obtain information required to develop objectives, design documents/storyboards, and new training
- Applies instructional design theories, practice, and methods
- Designs training content based on learning and performance objectives and method of delivery
- Designs, develops, and implements training that is delivered online, facilitator-led, or any combination of the three
- Creates assessment questions and strategies
- Develops and assists in the implementation of multiple training programs, job aids, and other performance improvement solutions
- Evaluates effectiveness of training programs and makes recommendations for improvements
- Establishes and works within project deadline
- Able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and manage time effectively
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet department objectives and goals
- Self-starter and able to work with a minimum amount of supervision to accomplish assignments and projects
- Understanding of Company policies (ex: Appearance and attendance) and expectations of SWA Culture
- Ability to work effectively individually or in a strong Customer Service and/or Team environment
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be able to work extended weekday hours or on weekends, as needed.
- Some travel required.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and at times, in stressful situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to transfer capabilities effectively to classes of different sizes, aptitudes, and backgrounds
- Ability to facilitate workshops and/or interviews
- Ability to learn new computer applications, processes and product information quickly
- Ability to type and/or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet demands of the job
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A