Southwest Airlines Entry Level Jobs – Crew
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Advanced experience in designing, writing program code, testing, documenting, and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, organizational methodologies, and standards. Identifies and prevents production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas. Mentoring Software Engineers, holistic vision of organization and impact, focusing on “shift left” activities.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Mentors Engineers on responding to production program issues and coaches on resolution.
- Expert lead on production and testing to identify defects.
- Leads testing and implement system enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity and drives a results-oriented environment.
- Develops, tests and operates end-to-end software solutions using machine learning, related optimization, and knowledge systems.
- Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Defines procedures, standards, measurements, accountability, and promotes quality and quantity of work.
- Subject matter expert level influence for scope of solutions.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and develops business cases for changes.
- Measures and defines parameters for transitioning of features into a production environment.
- Leads consistent forms of communication within teams while facilitating Tech sessions for updates and idea sharing.
- Partners, leads, and collaborates with all levels vertically from team-members up to Senior leaders.
- Communication with external parties and industry consortium to enhance knowledge and identify opportunities for teams.
- Leads team to find best solution and offering thought leadership while ideating and challenging group think.
- Embodies Agile best practices and continuous improvement.
- Level of escalation to identify problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis; formulates and executes plans to develop solutions. Mentors on solutioning.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of solutions while researching pros/cons of alternative options.
- Experience developing cloud native applications that require high available running in an AWS environment, preferred.
- Experience developing applications that are packaged as containers, preferred.
- Experience running applications on a Kubernetes runtime environment, preferred.
- Experience developing applications using Continuous Integration using GitOps methodology and Gitlab, preferred.
- Experience developing applications using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation experience, preferred.
- Experience developing Event Driven Architectures using Kafka/AWS Kinesis technologies, preferred.
- Cloud Practitioner or higher AWS Certification, preferred.
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- May require extended work hours per Leaders’ request.
- May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Proactively shares knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Excellent partnering, communication, negotiation skills, and execution in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
- Ability to articulate (verbally / visually) ideas, approach, concepts, options, risk, impact, and provides guidance to technical, non-technical, and Leadership audiences.
- Able to lead multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
- Ability to lead ideating, presentations, mentoring and group-thinking sessions. Ability to influence without authority.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A