[sc name=”320×320″ ]
Provides legendary Customer service by handling ticketing, baggage check-in, baggage claims, reservations, information inquiries and resolving complaints and problems.
- Responsibilities include greeting and handling Customers in a polite and friendly manner.
- Handles cash, checks, credit cards, travel vouchers and coupons as forms of payment for tickets.
- Computes charges, makes change and balances daily transactions. Is responsible for overage or shortage
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers
- Completes forms and reports as required by the company
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or Station Manager
- Deals with mishandled Customers as a result of oversales, delayed or cancelled flights, lost, delayed, or damaged luggage.
- Resolves such problems quickly and within guidelines established by the Company
- Writes irregularity and complaint reports as required
- Checks in baggage and Cargo.
- Answers telephone to provide information to callers, page customers, resolve problems or complaints and assist as needed.
- Handles transactions required to board the aircraft in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsible for providing legendary Customer service to people desiring to travel, use cargo or baggage service by attending to their needs
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Provides current and accurate fare, schedule, reservations, flight arrival/departure information and answers all general inquiries from Customers and other visitors to the airport terminal
- Handles any aspect of ticketing and check-in by operating a computerized point-of-sale system, boarding, baggage service, reservations and resolving related complaints and problems
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Duties may vary due to size and organization of the station
Qualification & Experience:
- Must present a well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Ground Operations Employee Handbook and Labor Agreement.
- Able to read documents, follow instructions, learn and understand ticketing procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team, meet the public, and work under stressful situations.
- Ability to type and/or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet demands of the job.
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work international flights.
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed.
- Must be able to lift and/ or move items up to 70 pounds on a regular basis and repetitively lift and/or move weights of 40 to 50 pounds onto raised surfaces.
- Must maintain the ability to wear prescribed uniforms.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete Customer Service Agent training program with an 80% or greater average and an evaluation period.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- College coursework or degree would be an asset.
- Must possess good written and oral skills.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, and stand on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must be able to perform all job functions within a limited space.
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements to work international flights.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally by telephone, face to face and on public address systems.
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally or via radio equipment.
- Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Amarillo, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A
[sc name=”display” ]