Dubai Parks and Resorts
Job description / Role
Play Your Part
Assist the Senior Sous Chef to manage a team of Chefs to ensure that the restaurants and all outlets are managed with high standards of food quality and proper managing of cost to ensure maximum profitability.
– Set high personal and professional standards for the departments under by your own performance.
– Recognize outstanding individual performance and deal with substandard performance fairly, immediately and constructively
– Give clear, concise directions, provide support and supervise the chefs to ensure that directions are properly executed.
– Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions and the actions of those reporting to you.
– Establish a climate of motivation and enthusiasm in your division.
– Actively participate in the F&B division’s revenue and cost control strategies.
– Understand and ensure implementation of policies and procedures pertaining to your division’s operation.
– Get the right people in the right job.
– Constantly seek to develop the expertise of those reporting to you.
– Have a deep understanding of the hotel’s Vision and integrate this into your daily activities.
– Adjust to changes in job requirements and the hotel’s operational strategies to meet business needs.
– Exercise moral judgment, imagination and courage in the practice of leadership.
Budgeting and Finance
– Assist the Executive Sous Chef in the preparation of the annual business plan.
– Monitor the Kitchen budget and discuss with the Executive Sous Chef on the corrective action where necessary.
– Control cost whilst ensuring the hotel’s Guests expectations are exceeded.
– Have a keen understanding of the hotel’s market segments and their expectations.
– Constantly seek to identify unmet Guest’s needs and work towards developing new/improving current products and strategies to sustain our competitive advantage.
– Know the hotel’s current and potential competitors.
– Understand the product image the company aims to project and ensure that image is reflected in every aspect of the manner in which you manage the departments under your supervision.
– Be present in front of guests and engage during the meal period at the buffet stations.
– Communicate effectively within the organization at all levels using the most appropriate communication method for the matter concerned.
– Conduct regular brief, concise, will prepare meetings and ensure follow-up.
– Communicate with Guests and be visible in the local community as a representative of the hotel.
– Maintain an efficient and effective kitchen administration system.
– Set policies and procedures pertaining to the kitchen and stewarding operation and ensure all manuals are up to date.
– Ensure all kitchen and stewarding policies and procedures are in synergy with related departments and Hotels guidelines.
– Understand the hotel’s general policies & procedures and align all your division’s activities and your personal actions as a senior manager.
– Participate in the hotel’s duty management roster.
– Maximize the use of available technology and systems to get results.
– Ensure the facilities, equipment and offices under your supervision are maintained in excellent condition.
– Know your job and continue your self-development by self-directed learning and participation in company sponsored training programs.
– Assist in the operation at peak times and any other times business needs require your hands-on assistance.
– Work together with Accounting to organize inventories in the departments under your supervision.
– Be visible in the operation and ensure implementation of quality standards.
– Lead or otherwise facilitate the transfer of information regarding priorities, assignments and problem solving at the various briefing sessions each day.
– Have a good understanding of the hotel’s emergency procedures and ensure implementation of those related to the departments under your supervision when required.
– Represent the Senior Sous Chef in his absence.
– Ensure clean kitchens, hygienic work procedures and high safety standards.
– Assist the Executive Sous Chef in minimizing spoilage and wastage.
– Work together with the Senior Sous Chef to develop menus that are cost effective and in accordance with trends and market demands.
– Assist the Senior Sous Chef in maintaining low food cost whilst achieving high food quality.
– Monitor implementation of all kitchens related energy conservation programs.
Health & Safety
– To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities.
– To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
– Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety.
– Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements
– To only use work equipment in accordance with training.
– To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety.