Sous Chef – Italian/Peruvian
Ready for a career move and be part of the pre-opening team We are looking for a new talent to play a vital role in our Culinary department working alongside a fantastic team.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
As a Sous Chef your role will include such as:
- She/he is in charge and responsible of the daily food production in her/his outlet and has to ensure top-quality products, as per the Hotel standard
- Has to make sure that standard recipes and plating guides are followed at all times in her/his outlet
- Provides the Sous Chef with daily market list for her/his outlet and controls personally all goods received, in order to guarantee the quality and quantity as to provide the Executive Chef with recipes and costing as per the requirement
- Assists and proposes to the Sous Chef and Executive Chef special Food Promotions, Events and other Food related activities for her/his outlet
- Assists the Executive Chef in developing new cuisine concepts.
- Ensures implementation and maintenance of standards of food quality, preparation and presentation.
- Assists in menu planning and costing.
- Ensures good physical upkeep, condition of equipment & utensils in all the kitchens & co-ordinates with Engineering department for repairs and maintenance.
- Ensures organization of work within all kitchen sections, including assignments, time schedules and vacation as per organizational standards.
- Ensures all the raw material received in the hotel for preparation is of high quality, as per organizational standards and product specifications.
- Interacts and communicates with Outlet Supervisors on daily basis and makes sure all food items sent to the Outlets is well explained.
- Recommends changes in systems and procedures to increase efficiency and improve service quality.
- Ensures prompt and accurate service by kitchen staff to all customers, to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all employees in the department adhere to the organizations rules and regulations.
- Recommends changes in the menus.
- Ensures availability of raw ingredients at all times, by proper planning, requisitioning and storage.
- Perform as per Operational Standards.
- Proper grooming at all times.
- Attend training classes as per schedule.
- Show fullest cooperation and respect within the team and other departments.
- Is aware of the daily activities and has product knowledge of all the hotel facilities.
Your experience and skills include:
- With minimum 4-5 years experience in similar role in a 5-star hotel
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills
- Should be able to communicate well in English/Italian/Peruvian
- Ability to mentor and develop teams
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.