Entourage Marketing & Events
Job description / Role
We are looking for a qualified leader to manage our team and provide effective guidance. The software engineering manager will be responsible for supervising, managing, and motivating team members on a daily basis.
• Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
• Developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and best practices
• Analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans
• Determining and supporting resource requirements;
• Evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results
• Identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
• Promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
• Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Oversee the technologies, tools, and techniques used within the team
• A history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products
• Ensure that development standard, policies and procedures are adhered to
• Delegate tasks, oversee the day-to-day operation and set deadlines
• Monitor team performance and report on metrics
• Assist in developing applications (if needed) with the development team.
• Lead the code review process to ensure system performance levels are achieved, encourage best practices and to quickly identify defects
• Responsible for planning and executing highly effective and usable websites and digital experiences for our e-commerce platform
• Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
• Implement MVP solutions that will drive long term technical strategy
• Work with product management and cross-functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences
• Provide hands-on technical leadership to the team, including your own code contributions
• Collaborate with product managers and other partners to build a product strategy and roadmap
• Thorough understanding of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience with the Microsoft Azure or similar cloud platforms
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and practices.
• Familiarity with Docker and micro-services is a plus
• Strong understanding of web development technologies, standards, and tools used by our company (Ex. Visual Studio, C#, MVC, jQuery, Microsoft SQL, query tools and stored procedures, security, testing, configuration, and implementation)
• Strong ability to guide teams through the problem-solving process and come up with positive results
• Extensive experience designing and developing highly scalable and available systems
• Experience with debugging and performance optimization