- Slack is looking for Site Reliability Engineers to design and build solutions focused on delivering a first-in-class experience for our employees. The Business Technology Engineering team builds, runs, and supports the core infrastructure that enables Slack employees to have a simple, pleasant, and productive experience at work.
- This role will primarily focus on Slack’s internal cloud infrastructure systems – everything from building scalable user access processes to providing on-call support for critical production environments.
- Act as a senior systems administrator for a variety of corporate applications running on Ubuntu and CentOS virtual machines.
- Provide on-call support, critical issue remediation, and incident response for core infrastructure services.
- Work with the Infrastructure Engineering team to help plan, build, and maintain systems and services running within
- Slack’s Business Technology cloud environments, including Heroku, Amazon Web Services, and Azure.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to deploy services to cloud environments. Formulate requirements and select appropriate technology and platform (eg. low-code integration, Platform-as-a-Service, or Infrastructure-as-a-Service).
- Provide support to ensure the solution is deployed securely and efficiently.
- Spec, deploy, and maintain internal tooling such as centralized logging, monitoring/alerting, and configuration management.
- Build automation to reduce workload for routine tasks and assist with security and audit requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Have strong familiarity with Chef, Terraform, Linux system administration, and integrating with RESTful API web services.
- Have extensive experience running and maintaining a variety of cloud infrastructure providers, particularly Amazon Web Services.
- Have set up and deployed redundant logging, monitoring, and alerting systems for critical infrastructure, such as
- Prometheus and Grafana.
- Have worked to transform environments to “Infrastructure as Code” and templated and automated routine work.
- Are familiar with running and maintaining Tomcat, Python/Django, and PHP web applications.
- Know the importance of documentation and have a track record of writing clear and concise specifications and runbooks.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A