Site Quantity Surveyor
Hitachi Zosen Inova AG
Technical occupations (other)
- Responsible for the entire commercial administration of selected subcontract packages from commencement until commercial close-out. A detailed understanding of the subcontract agreement is essential along with knowledge of the essential terms of the Consortium Agreement and the EPC Contract.
- Ensure the subcontracts are administered in strict accordance with their terms, including timeliness of notices and provision of relevant documentation deliverables.
- Monitor site progress of subcontractors against payment and schedule milestones in the subcontract and validate or dispute subcontractors interim payment applications against factual attainment of such milestones.
- Prepare any required independent site progress reports including photographs and narrative to describe works performed and observations on performance and any noteworthy occurrences.
- Administer subcontract payment procedures in accordance with the subcontract and issue and/or approve respective documents correctly and on time.
- Develop and issue sound, accurate cost reports, showing financial position of the package and forecast commercial status and cash flow, including interface with CAPRI and SAP. Identify trends that could require action.
- Participate in or run regular technical and commercial site meetings and issue minutes of meeting.
- Prepare and ensure that contractual correspondence is maintained up to date and that HZI’s contractual position is always protected.
- Ability to promptly identify instances where a subcontractors notices (variation, claim, delay or any other occurrence) may give rise to a corresponding notice by HZI under the Consortium Agreement and/or the EPC Contract. Take all actions necessary to ensure corresponding notices can be issued in time under the respective Consortium Agreement and/or the EPC Contract such that entitlements under the same are not waived.
- Document the commercial aspects of any change / deviation /claim in PIRS in close cooperation with the technical work package holder, project procurement, scheduling, site management.
- Assess the validity of any subcontractors’ variations or claims and lead the administration of subcontractors justified variations and claims, including maintaining relevant tracking registers and retaining/maintaining all relevant documentation and evidence.
- Responsible for gathering all relevant documentation in connection with HZI set-offs against subcontractors account including maintaining relevant tracking registers.
- Responsible for dispute avoidance, however where disputes may or have crystalized, defend HZI from such claims and maintain a subcontract disputes files and tracking register.
- Responsible for the claim management for selected subcontract packages, establish necessary documentation, assesses counter- claim potential in close coordination with the relevant work package holder and other staff.
- Lead commercial negotiations and account meetings, including settlement of subcontractor’s final account. Ensure subcontractors provide all relevant document deliverables associated with commercial close-out of each subcontract package.
- Quantity Surveyor with 10+ years’ experience of administering complex civil and mechanical construction packages for heavy industry projects.
- Experience remeasuring work packages for construction of industrial plants.
- Profound knowledge of applicable remeasurement rules (such as CESMM4; SMM7, NRM)
- BSc / MSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent. Experience in formal disputes resolution an advantage.
- Experience in construction of EPC or design/build turnkey industrial plant project delivery. Experience in Energy from Waste projects is an advantage
- Exposure to working in the Middle East an advantage
- Responsible challenge with diversified field of activity
- Team-oriented working atmosphere in an international Company
- Personal development opportunities through own Inova Academy
- Opportunity to gain an insight into various technical disciplines
- Excellent employment conditions
- Attractive working place (central, good transport links)
- Modern infrastructure
We look forward to receiving your application.