We are currently looking for an experienced engineer to join our maintenance control team based within the Regional Operations Center (ROC) at our Three Bridges Depot in Crawley. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced team, in an extremely critical role within the business, responsible for managing the operations of one of the UK’s most advanced trains; the Desiro City CL700. This role forms a pivotal part of the project’s day-day operations, minimilising any form of train running delays and providing first-class service to both our customers and passengers.
- Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety Incidents/Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner
- Proactively diagnose faults and failures remotely, through first line investigations, utilising any maintenance tools available
- Collaborating with internal/external stakeholders to meet current needs and develop good working relationships
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies.
- Undertake delay attribution and failure route cause investigations
- Report into the Outstation Supervisor every shift to align working expectations and responsibilities throughout
- Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Plan scheduled and out of course depot maintenance requirements
- Act as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) in the Control Room providing first line technical support over the phone to operational staff
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one’s own acts or omissions.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
- Ensure satisfactory close out of safety related traction on rolling stock incidents
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Carry out Technical Riding Inspector duties when required
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Sitting at the customer site, maintain a professional image of Siemens and develop good relationships to ensure opportunity for future business, and working process
- Align with the performance team for the investigation of service incidents and failure route cause analysis
- Management and control of relevant fleet downloads and electronic data
- Ensure that maintenance is undertaken in accordance with Rail Group Standards and the Siemens Rolling Stock VMI
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Deploy and co-ordinate Outstation Technicians to assist with faults and failures where physical attendance is required, setting up clear lines of communication between both the Outstation Supervisor and Fleet Control
- Implementation of safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
- Provide technical guidance to assist Line of Route maintenance staff (including Technical Riding Inspectors)
- Ensure that all reporting IT systems are updated in a precise and efficient manner
- Manage mainline failures and serious incidents on the rail network, reducing any subsequent impacts to both passengers and Siemens
- Maintain fleet competence and fault-finding skills, assisting the Outstation Team during spare cover weeks to provide support and encourage development through product knowledge.
Qualification & Experience:
- Detailed knowledge of technical aspects of the rolling stock allocated to the depot (preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems / software
- HNC in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brighton, GB
Application Deadline: N/A