The Senior Design Engineer shall be responsible for the production and development of GRIP 4-5 Contract Design submission documentation together with all other associated documentation in the provision of 25kV substations on the East Coast Mainline and Transpennine routes.
Day to day the Senior Design Engineer shall support the Design Delivery Manager in the management; control and co-ordination of the program of design works to time, scope and budget, ensuring all engineering, safety, quality and environmental requirements are met.
- To review project-based risk register monitoring and reporting on changes in commercial risk and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to eliminate or mitigate the risks.#
- To manage the development of fully compliant suitable designs to meet the requirements of the contract and/or related Engineering documents.
- Mentorship to junior and seasoned engineers in maintaining CPD, competency under the direction of the Professional Head Discipline.
- At a project level, lead and inspire designers by example and through the maintenance of team vision, standards and morale. Provide Design leadership for the design team that covers cross discipline work streams to provide an integrated solution for the customer.
- To support the project commercial process
- Work closely with the clients, Project Managers, Siemens Design Delivery Manager and all third-party designers to ensure an integrated and collaborative design solution is presented.
- Where called upon the post holder would also undertake the role of Contractors Appointed Engineer (CRE)
- Understand primary interfaces, design drivers and stakeholders on projects that will influence the technical design.
- Support to senior team in the review and appraise of tender specs and associated project documents.
- Management and coordination of interdisciplinary designs i.e Civils, Signalling, SCADA, M&E, Protection & Control and Telecoms etc.
- To positively influence design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents
- Co-ordinate his/her designs as part of a multi-disciplinary project and ideally have experience of working within an Alliance environment.
- To ensure that all project designs are compliant with CDM and CSM RA regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous exposure/experience working TNO/DNO in the provision of Bulk Supply Points (BSP’s) desirable.
- Previous exposure/experience working with Static Frequency Converters (SFC’s) would be desirable
- Notable understanding of SCADA, IEC61850 and IEC 103 protocols
- A current AC/DC PTS would be advantageous
- Good communication and interpersonal skills be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
- Extensive experience of Electrical Engineering design work including the use of relevant software packages
- Demonstrable safety management knowledge including CDM requirements.
- Professional membership of the IET or equivalent as an Incorporated Engineer.
- Sufficient safety knowledge to ensure that all designs meet legal safety requirements.
- In Depth Knowledge of Railway Electrification Infrastructure and associated discipline standards.
- Ideally hold an Authority To Work (AtW) in line with NR/L2/INI/02009 and/or previous evidence of competencies to NR/L2/INI/02009.
- Demonstrable AC electrification and substation design experience.
- Engineering degree or HND in a relevant discipline
- Full understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, GB
Application Deadline: N/A