This exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Service Engineer within our Digital Grid Energy Automation business unit in Siemens Smart Infrastructure. We ensure reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralising, decarbonising, digitalising and all-electrifying energy world.
Working within the Energy Automation Services Team you will be delivering Control Solutions covering our UK customer base. Working with the latest technologies from the Siemens Portfolio with a focus on delivering cyber secure solutions on high and medium voltage substations.
Reporting to the Principal Services Team Leader you will be key member of the Services team, delivering secure networked solutions for wide variety of customers. You will be responsible for investigating problems / troubleshooting, providing technical support to customers and internal functions (Sales/Tendering), including commissioning and onsite support and most importantly promoting Siemens Zero harm Safety Initiative and culture.
- Preparing RAMS, reports and documentation.
- Training customers/staff as required.
- Troubleshooting and providing onsite support.
- Preparing Factory/Site Acceptance Test documents and carrying out testing activities.
- Provide technical support to customers and internal functions (Sales/Tendering).
- Promote Siemens Zero harm Safety Initiative and culture.
- Adhere to all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, including Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
- Designing, implementing and commissioning cyber secure networked substation automation systems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of substation automation equipment and communication protocols like IEC61850, IEC60870-5-104, DNP3 would be advantageous.
- Exposure to high availability networks (RSTP, PRP, HSR, VRRP) and trending technologies (NGFW, SDN) would be beneficial.
- Sound written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Deep knowledge of network security systems and protocols (Firewalls, IDS, IPSec, SSL).
- Solid experience in network design and switching & routing technologies.
- A minimum qualification of Level 4 Qualification in Network Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Network Security or equivalent level of experience or other relatable qualification.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, GB
Application Deadline: N/A