This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a passion to lead Station Information and Security Systems (SISS) design across multiple projects by creating and delivering technical solutions within agreed timescales and budgeted costs, and is responsible for the projects’ contribution to overall business performance. The individuals general and specialist knowledge and understanding will be utilised to optimise the selection and application of appropriate technologies (existing or novel) and deliver those solutions using industry best practices.
The Specialist Engineer, SISS leads in the selection, configuration and deployment of Station Information and Security Systems. These solutions will typically comprise PA, CCTV, CIS and Help Point sub-systems, monitored and controlled via a common master station to form a complete, single integrated system. Delivery will include leadership of assigned project teams to innovatively deliver customer expectations through best value engineering.
- Lead engineering estimating activities for tenders and changes to assigned projects.
- Perform the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) and lead the SISS project engineering team to deliver engineering tasks in system development and implementation, including sub-contractor deployments where applicable.
- Regularly report SISS engineering progress, issues and interventions of assigned projects.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing their own professional competence and mentoring engineers through the Chartered/Incorporated accreditation process.
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, techniques and tools are applied throughout the engineering life cycle.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, industry and customer requirements.
- Delivery of SISS engineering activities to the agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements for large multidisciplinary projects.
- Responsible for the technical leadership, safe design, implementation, delivery, engineering risk and compliance of assigned projects.
- Perform other appropriate duties from time to time as requested by the business.
- Initiate, develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and partners.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage SISS engineering team tasks including resources and equipment, to deliver effectively and efficiently.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven experience of integrating third party sub-systems into complete solutions.
- Degree or equivalent in relevant subject holding Chartered Engineer or equivalent status ideally with an IRSE License in a relevant category (e.g. SISS Design or Project Engineer categories)
- Implementation and application of requirements capture and control.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Proven experience in CRE and/or CEM role for delivery of SISS projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environments.
- Proven success leading and motivating a team of SISS engineers for effective design and delivery of SISS systems.
- Strong knowledge of BS7671 wiring regulations.
- Strong experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover across multiple diverse disciplines.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, GB
Application Deadline: N/A