We are currently looking for a Stores Supervisor to join Siemens Rolling Stock in our Slade Green depot in Erith, Kent.
Reporting to the Stores Manager, your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the general management of materials is in accordance with the defined procedures and the Stores operation meets the requirement of the Production plan.
This is a customer facing role and we are looking for someone with previous experience in a warehouse / stores environment and experience in supervising teams.
The role will primarily be a 40 hour standard working week but due to potential contractual requirements could become a shift pattern/rotation (12 hour shifts, mixture of days and nights).
- Update the relative order/materials databases and ensure Stores security is maintained
- Receive local SAP orders on behalf of all depot personnel and distribute as required
- Assembling, packing materials/goods according to logistical demands/programs in order to support timely handing of the dispatch orders
- Monitor status of depot fire equipment
- Ensuring that materials are picked in accordance to the maintenance exams of the trains and that the items are delivered from the Stores, taking into consideration legislation and procedures, are supplied in good time to the receiving units
- Completing regular checks of the different storage facilities by using visual checks and testing storage conditions such as environment, weight, size, type of goods in order to ensure that the material is stored correctly and if necessary to able to take corrective action at an early stage
- Stock control utilizing the stock management system; receive, dispatch, inspect and issue materials
- Loading and unloading of the trucks in a careful manner in order to ensure the released goods are moved and stored without damage and in line with manual guidelines
- Request outside agencies for transportation of material through authorised accounts to move material to other depot/suppliers
- Control and monitor the automatic store reorder levels of stock items
- Assist technical staff in the identification of materials and raise order requests
- Daily and weekly checks of all technical devices and systems used for handling materials are carried out in order to ensure a high safety standard and long economic life-time
Qualification & Experience:
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good level of computer literacy
- Good track record of Supervising personnel
- Good written and oral communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, GB
Application Deadline: N/A