We have an exciting opportunity for a Cryogenics Development Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary group in our R&D department, who are dedicated to MRI superconducting magnet design and manufacturing and maintain the “state of the art” competence in magnet design and manufacturing processes and lead the cutting-edge technology development.
Depending upon your experience you could join at either Engineer, Senior or Principal Engineer level.
As a part of a global MR R&D team, you will have exciting opportunities in new product development from concept generation to detailed design and prototype build and then production ramp up, or lead a technology development, or contribute on challenge in-house/on-site technical problem solving or continuous product improvement.
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field. Our superconducting magnets are at the heart of MRI systems globally. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
- Drive innovation and technical strategy to keep competitiveness
- Train and coach junior engineers, manufacturing and service personnel
- Lead to solve complex technical issue by using Structured Problem Solving (SPS) approach
- Establish and manage programmes with external commercial and academic institutions to utilise comprehensive range of expertise when required.
- Evaluate products, technologies and intellectual property of competitors to ensure leading position and be involved in internal IP management
- Develop competitive and reliable new superconducting magnets, including feasibility study, concept generation, technical design, and realization with focuses on cryogenics management.
- Define, review and ensure compliance of internal and external technical standards
- Lead a technology development when required
Qualification & Experience:
- Understanding and design of vacuum systems
- Broad spectrum of engineering experience and capable of applying a flexible and creative approach to a variety of engineering technologies.
- Ability to analyse complex engineering problems, from both technical and commercial viewpoints, to identify and deliver pragmatic solutions.
- Awareness of latest developments in cryogenic engineering
- Have a good honours degree in Physics or Engineering
- Selection and application of cryogenic Instrumentation and measurement
- Knowledge of thermodynamic principles at cryogenic temperatures
- Understanding of cryogenic material properties and selection of materials
- Analytical and practical design of low temperature systems
- Understanding of refrigeration systems, their operating principles and advantages.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, GB
Application Deadline: N/A