We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure: This position performs commissioning on fire safety systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary. Systems include fire safety and mass notification systems, detectors and field peripherals. You will communicate design details to customers, installation and service teams and subcontractors. You will interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customer’s expectations. This role acts as a mentor and provides on the job training to less experienced technicians.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: May support others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services.
- Adhere to local, corporate and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Run routine reports to review system operation.
- Assists with training of customers on system operations.
- Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action.
- Supports the assurance of customer acceptance and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Participate in final inspection and testing.
- Identify code and non-conformance issues and make recommendations for system installation.
- Completes and submits daily routine written reports; provides plans and Fire Safety System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Qualification & Experience:
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays and floating holidays
- Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing. Benefits: Restricted
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification level 3 within 12 months.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- 5 years of experience in the installation and maintenance of fire safety products.
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required. Completion of AAS degree in electronics or related field preferred.
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, Dental and Vision plans with options from which to choose
- Company cell phone and laptop
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wichita, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A