We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Quantity Surveyor at Siemens Rail Infrastructure. This role is based in Glasgow, working on one of many prestigious projects we have been successful with. You will be responsible in this role to provide a dedicated and professional pre and post contract commercial management service. Act as primary interface to customers and stakeholders for your assigned projects.
- Maintaining auditable records for responsible work packages in accordance with contractual requirements
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at all levels.
- Prepares internal and external commercial reports
- Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods (essential)
- Ability to work under own initiative and under cost or time critical conditions
- Good negotiation skills.
- Able to manage cost of both direct labour, material, plant and subcontract cost (essential)
- Assists with the implement commercial strategies (essential)
- Liaise with work package managers to collate information on the works
- Able to forecasts cost and measure cost of work complete (essential)
- Commercial functions of various work packages. These may include Design, Signalling Installation, Test & Commission , Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant,
- Professional Services, Civil Engineering and Permanent Way on the railway infrastructure.
- Work with the project delivery team responsible for work package / project change control and management
- Good negotiation skills (essential)
- Establish and maintain interfaces with key stakeholders. E.g. finance, project management, engineering, subcontractors, suppliers and Employers team.
- Work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control
- Ability to work with limited supervision and manage expectation (essential) Good communication skills (essential) good financial and commercial acumen (essential)
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment (essential)
- Good contractual knowledge and understanding (essential)
- 5 years experience.
- HND/Degree qualified or equivalent and or hold or working towards professional qualification, RICS, CICES (essential)
- Previous Quantity Surveyor / Contract Administrator experience working within a contractor side project environment (essential) Experience ideally gained in a similar or related contracting construction industry e.g. Rail, Engineering, Defence.
- Use of Microsoft Office and other software to present high standard of documentation
- Ability to work under own initiative and under cost or time critical conditions (essential)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, GB
Application Deadline: N/A