We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Project Accountant at Siemens Rolling Stock. This role is based in Northampton. You will be responsible for the delivery of effective project accounting and commercial support for major Train Service Agreements with the Commercial Manager. You will be working alongside the Operations teams for those projects as well as the Finance team to help deliver the financial and commercial aspects of the project.
- Risk register maintenance, ownership of portion of RR risks and drive to mitigation with key stakeholders. Maintenance of risk register and submit changes for approval by CPM.
- Forecast – Completion of the monthly forecast, proposal of reasonable adjustments and submission
- Balance sheet reconciliation – monthly report per necessary G/L, raising of issues with CPM
- ICFR Controls – Creation of review/approval docs
- Support of variation order pricing
- Maintenance of task list and detailed plan for the month specific to role.
- EPIQ – Update of forecast dates for milestones, actions, chase up and update to PMs. Monthly PSR update prior comments update and profit bridge.
- Budgeting – planning, co-ordinating and submitting budget
- POC Model – maintenance, reconciliation with current budget/forecast, raising of variances with the Commercial Manager for approval to change.
- NCCs – Raising of NCCs in the system and aid in set up of lessons learned with responsible manager/PM
- Act as CPM deputy.
- Ad hoc Models, Reports and Calculations
- Review of performance regime periodic reporting and analysis with Performance team to identify trends.
- Workflow & GRIR – Clearance, review and clearance of aged items
- Monthly cost reviews with budget holders, including full variance analysis
- IMAPP – Input of actuals, forecast, POC model phasing, risk register phasing
- Update and price Additional Services log
- Monthly Reporting – Reconciliations with SAP, variance analysis vs budget and forecast
- Hedging and hedge accounting of all foreign currency exposures on projects. Ensuring that effects are appropriately forecast and unwound at correct time.
- VOs – Creation of offer doc and costing sheets with PM, aid PM in creation of the risk register.
- Maintenance of customer invoicing & PO register.
- Setting up of meetings for the project – financial review, quarterly review, risk register review. Publishing of minutes for these meetings for purposes of ICFR.
- Understanding of contract and identification of areas of concern or opportunities. Raise with CPM.
- Monthly Financial Review meeting preparation and presentation
- Month end – full month end close (including postings, accruals, provisions (with sign off from CPM)), raising of issues with CPM
- Raising of Invoicing & payment of supplier invoicing.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent accounting skills with ability to demonstrate understanding and interpretation of key financial statements
- Strong willingness to learn and develop
- Microsoft Office experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge and experience using SAP would be desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Part-Qualified / Qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or equivalent with relevant experience in a project based industry or finalist with relevant experience in a project based industry
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with flexible and proactive approach to work as this role will involve working independently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durham, GB
Application Deadline: N/A