At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Work overtime when needed.
- Complete service ticket documentation before leaving the customer site.
- Perform minor service and deficiency repairs on all fire alarm system types.
- Generate reports within Siemens tools and upload to city municipality websites.
- Provide hands-on training and coaching of entry-level inspectors.
- Provide inspection, testing, and service for fire alarm equipment to comply with NFPA72 standards as well as state and local codes. Complete required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations.
- Complete required training and certifications within the time requirements for this role.
- Maintain stock, tools, and equipment in vehicles.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed.
- Discuss noted deficiencies, remedies, and pricing with customers and follow up on corrective actions.
- Provide instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections.
- Follow and maintain highly structured inspection schedules.
- Assist with training.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 2 within 12 months
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Minimum 2 years’ experience performing Inspections, Testing, and Maintenance (ITM) of Fire Alarm and/or Fire Life Safety Systems
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must have good customer-facing and customer service skills
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
Application Deadline: N/A