Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability, is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team too. To learn more about our culture, motivated people and our purpose, please visit www.dpdhl.jobs/express
Ensure that collection and deliveries of shipments are processed as per network standards and provide a competent, courteous, efficient and proactive point of contact for customers
- Act as an ambassador for DHL at all times and attend to customer needs in a professional, friendly and courteous manner
- Ensure that a high level of professional rapport is developed and maintained with all customers
- Maintain proactive work processes to ensure teamwork, shuttle procedures and overall base performance is achieved
- Provide a high level of customer service and professionalism taking into account the consideration that all DHL customers have an express requirement and are looking for instant and immediate action
- Follow procedures to comply with the ISO procedures and safe working practices
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of DHL network, products and services so that customers are provided accurate information on pricing, transit times, clearance delays, custom paperwork requirements, packing, and sales queries with confidence at all times
- Highlight any recurring problems so that corrective actions can be taken promptly
- Process all shipments accepted at the counter accurately and enter relevant data so as to ensure perfect airwaybills thus offering DHL’s most suitable service to the customer
- Promote and sell DHL’s value-added services such as Insurance, and participate actively in the Sales Lead programme to contribute to the country revenue
- Highlight opportunities and suggest solutions to improve DHL’s procedures, technology and service so that DHL can provide continuously universally high level of service to all customers
- Work effectively both individually and as part of a team to achieve both individual and department goals and objectives and strive consistently to promote a positive team spirit
- Ensure all shipments are manifested by end of each shift and also ensure all documents and invoices pertaining to WPX shipments are imaged
- Keep record of the supplies and also the float money and submit to accounts a cash summary of the total cash sales at the end of each day.
- Is focussed on identifying and meeting customer needs. Acts to establish a long term business partnership with internal and external customers.
Planning and Organizing
- The job holder must be highly organised in keeping records of cash, daily follow – ups and plan a course of action to ensure that set targets and goals are achieved consistently.
- Continually seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results. Overcomes obstacles and makes adjustments to achieve results. Focuses self and others to achieve targets aligned with business goals.
- Works cooperatively with others to achieve target and objectives. Accomplishes own tasks in support of team goals and actively offers to help colleagues. Supports group decisions.
- Acts responsibly. Can be counted on to keep commitments. Complies with DHL expectations, policies and procedures. Builds others’ trust in own professionalism, integrity, expertise and ability to achieve results.
- Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style to the needs of others. Listens attentively and asks questions when needed to clarify information.
- Remains calm, objective and controlled in responding to urgent or demanding situations. Maintains effective performance under pressure. Stays positive.
Attention to Detail
- Is thorough and complete in performing all aspects of the job. Stays focussed on the details of the job, no matter how small. Checks and monitors work to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal style
- Excellent personal presentation, grooming and hygiene
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to effectively contribute as a team member as part of a busy team
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative/judgement to solve job related issues
- Good understanding of DHL Network
- Strong problem solving capability
- Desire to get the job done
- Passion to provide excellent Customer Service
- Right first time philosophy
- Sound educational back ground with knowledge of the Service Industry, an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Good oral and written communication skills – English & Arabic preferable
- Self motivated individual capable of taking ownership and working independently
- Tolerance for stress in a fast paced working environment.
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Good team player
- Adheres to policies and procedures
- Possesses good relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor degree
- Fluent English.
- Computer literate and familiar with Word and Excel.
- Strong career support in an international environment.
- Great culture and colleagues.
- Multifarious benefit programm.