At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You as a Service Engineer – Electrical, will be part of Power Grids business based in Muscat; Oman. You are responsible for design authority for an engineering discipline with low to medium complexity. Complete assignments on small projects or portions of larger projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements..
- Technical contribution:
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments.
- Provides technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities.
- Sales support:
- Prepares project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
- Assists in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
- Contract management:
- Supports Contract Managers in issuing claims (new/change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.).
- Provides quality solutions as per customer requirements and delivers within budget and contract.
- Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Planning and control:
- Creates work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost.
- Improves effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- Risk and opportunity management:
- Completes risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility
- Reports any contract/quality/program/cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
- Customer Assists customers on technical issues, interacts with official contacts, contractors and other staff within his/her scope of deliverables.
- Assist communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Supply chain management:
- Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with potential suppliers.
- Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals, and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services.
- Processes and tools Uses standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility.
- Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- Reports processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.
- People leadership and development:
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with entry level engineers, technicians, administrative staff.
- Safety & Integrity:
- Living Hitachi energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Omani Graduate with 2+ year of experience
- Engineering on small projects or portions of large projects under supervision of Senior Engineer.
- Clarifies customer requirements on technical issues within the scope of work.
- Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals
- Prepares portions of project documentation.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
To apply for this job please visit om.indeed.com.