The Senior Manager, Labor Planning is passionate about leading a team in detailed analysis, model building, and optimization of labor. The position manage Business Analysts, and will oversee refinement and execution of a detailed model for budgeting labor in our 400+ store chain, and provide reporting for the field on staffing and schedule effectiveness, average hourly rates, and hours usage.
- Oversee the calculation and loading of payroll data into our workforce management system, Dayforce, for monthly budgets and adjustments to budgets as needed
- Review Dayforce scheduling/payroll system reporting and AHR management tools and processes, recommend upgrades to support AHR management and effective staffing
- Partnership with Field Leadership team to develop short term and long term strategies for optimization of labor and scheduling
- Development and execution of presentations to FSC and Field Leadership teams
- Oversee the labor model for allocation of labor by store
- Oversee refinement and creation of reporting tools for optimizing staffing and scheduling efficiency
- Oversee the development of staffing direction including Full Time and Part Time head count targets by store
- Oversee analysis of trends in Average Hourly Rates, including detailed analysis of trends in hours usage by world, role, store, and trends in hiring/term/promotion rate impacts
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy.
- Experience leading teams of Business Analysts
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain relationships with business partners in the field and at the Field Support Center, at all levels.
- Ability to work extremely well across functions, successfully bringing people together toward common goals and to consensus.
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple projects, people, and initiatives.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Ability to adjust to seasonal demands of retail environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally to stores and conferences.
- Bachelor degree required in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or similar.
- Minimum 5-7 years of analytical experience.
- Retail industry and Labor Planning experience required, field experience a plus.
- Highly comfortable with navigating large data sets from multiple sources.
- Expert level skills in Excel, with history of developing financial and statistical models.
- Database management and/or comprehension a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A